Things I’m thankful for this Sunday in March —
- While it’s cold outside, the sky is pure blue, the sunshine is bright, and absolutely nothing is falling from the sky.
- The white chocolate mocha (non-fat) that I’m drinking right now.
- The sound of Miles Davis’s trumpet in my ears right now.
- That I’m healthy enough to spend 47 minutes on the treadmill this morning, running 4.75 miles.
- How awesome the hot shower felt after said workout.
- The way my muscles feel the rest of the day after a workout like that.
- A really good pancake breakfast this morning to benefit the varsity baseball team’s trip to Myrtle Beach (I had seconds, thus negating some of the benefit of afore-mentioned workout.)
- Get to watch my son’s basketball team play for the league championship tonight.
- My dog is 95% recovered from her disk problems of last year, wants me to walk her every morning, and amuses us with her addiction to soft chicken-flavored dog biscuits.
- Someone is willing to pay me for the freelance article I should be writing right now instead of blogging.
- Msgr. Hagerty’s homily at Mass this morning. I’ve bitched about other homilies on this blog before, so it’s only fair that I recognize one that meant a lot to me.
Enough for now. To quote Professor Lafferty, “I should be writing.”